Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I carry my office in my backpack!

Written By Alina Filipczak,
Marketing Manager at Rockton Software

In 2010, when I accepted my position as the Marketing Manager at Rockton Software, I was living in north Idaho in a small town called Sandpoint. Now Sandpoint has several companies whose headquarters are located there: Coldwater Creek, Litehouse Dressing and Thorne Research just to name a few. Not to mention, I had worked at 2 of those companies before coming on at Rockton.

It’s now 2012 and I am living near Denver in a small town called Erie. No headquarters here, just a great suburb close to a city with lots of amenities! I was actually able to leave the Rockton Software corporate office in Sandpoint and take my job with me—what a great concept!  I carry my office in my backpack!

Rockton Software is a virtual company with employees in 7 states. We are spread across 4 time zones, and we work great together. How is that really possible you may ask? We use VOIP phones, instant messaging, and just about any communication technology one can think of. We have Rockton Software Retreats twice a year to meet with our fellow co-workers for face-to-face meetings and vision planning. We are able to meet one-on-one with our superiors and embrace personal growth.

Have you considered working remote?  If not, you might want to give it try!

Rockton has a new website, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment