Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rockton Software: Why not Rockwell Software?

Written by Mark Rockwell,
President of Rockton Software
“The explanation of why Rockwell and Rockton are not the same.  Before I started Rockton, I worked for The Durst Group, and Doug Durst taught me to never name a company after yourself, because if something goes wrong, people assume who to immediately go to for resolution.  I swore I wouldn’t make that mistake so Kelli Sexton, my wife, and I came up with Rockton (vs. Sexwell, which makes a great website but few who visit are looking for accounting software.)  Well, people mistake me as Mark Rockton or call our company Rockwell Software often enough that I regret the names we have.  But our name has brand value now, so it’s going to stay.”



2 comments:

  1. Mark, I remember when you first recounted the story of the company name to me many years ago... yes, too late to change now!

    I am constantly running into partners and GP users that rave about your solutions. Keep up the good work.

    Ron Draganowski
    McGladrey LLP
    St Paul, MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the positivity! And, yes Rockton is definitely too late to change now!

    Best regards,
    Rockton Software

    ReplyDelete