Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Partner Event 2012 Recap

Written By:
Nicole Sexton, Social Media
Coordinator at Rockton Software

The Partner Event 2012 was a wonderful experience for me since I am new to the channel. It was nice to finally put names to faces, as well as meet up with all of the Rockton Crew since we are located in 7 different states.

Since I am the Social Media Coordinator at Rockton Software, I found multiple sessions very helpful. It gave me an insight on what Rockton is doing correctly, as well as what we can work on. My favorite session that I attended was 60 Tips in 60 Minutes presented by Michelle Glennie and Cheryl Salazar of The Partner Marketing Group. It was quick paced, giving multiple tips on what social media sites to use. A helpful tip, which came from another attendee of the session, was about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It is a website (www.meclabs.com), this website has different webinars that give tips about SEO.

Aside from the sessions, I enjoyed the Sunrise Scramble and Bowling night. I just want to point out that I was on the leader board for both! The Bowling night was the most fun, due to the dancing and delicious cupcakes.

Now that the Partner Event 2012 is over, Rockton Software is sponsoring The Technical Airlift. Mark Rockwell did a stunning performance at the Opening Session at the Technical Airlift 2012, which you should check out!

4 comments:

  1. I think you cheated on your bowling score. ha. Glad to meet up with you and your team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they did give me a couple extra points! But, I didn't want to point that out! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nicole for the shout out. I'm glad that you found our tips so useful. I personally learnt a lot from the event myself and will be blogging about that soon. I wish you success in your marketing efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, Cheryl! Thanks for the great tips! Looking forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete